Hello! I am Tabitha, the maker behind all of the products & owner of Ro's Closet. I have a background in art and have always loved creating things. I would consider myself very crafty. My husband, Alex & I always had our hearts set on starting a family. Things didn't go as planned and after struggling with infertility for 3 years, our miracle baby, Rowan, arrived in February of 2018. In November 2017 while I was pregnant, I decided to order some beads and make some pacifier clips for Rowan. Unbeknownst to me, he never took a pacifier. That didn't stop me from making more and more clips until one day, I had a few different friends ask me to make them a custom teether. Fast forward to June 2018, I launched my business - Ro's Closet, names after Rowan!
Since then, I have made over 500+ items including custom teethers, pacifier clips, mama necklaces and more! I am thrilled beyond measure to be able to create such beautiful pieces to help you & your little one with their teething needs. I never imagined once that within my first six months, my business would have made it as far as it has.
For fun, I have answered 10 ice breaker questions....
1. What was your first job?
- My first job was at Super Splash USA, a local water park in Raytown, MO. I was in the concession stands that summer. I was 15 years old, going on 16.
2. What are some phobias you'd like to break?
- Spiders/bugs & the ocean. I can say that I think I have sort-of broke my phobia of the ocean when we went on a family cruise recently.
3. Do you collect anything?
- As in something other then baby syringes & baby socks in my purse? Ha ha, yes, I do. I collect vintage Pyrex and vintage cat & dog salt & pepper shakers.
4. What is your favorite personal possession & why?
- This is hard. I am SUCH a sentimental person. I save something from nearly anywhere. But if I HAD to choose *something*, I'd chose Rowan's memory box.
5. If you could bring back any fashion trend, what would it be & why?
- Bell bottoms for sure. I just like them, okay! Also, I'm pretty much a hippie at heart.
6. Night owl or morning bird?
- I have always been a night owl, & still am, but I have been getting up before 8am because, well, I'm a mom now. So, if you can imagine, I have been real tired from not going to bed early enough to get up by 8am....
7. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Veterinarian. Ironically, I was a vet tech for 2 years & hope to go back into it someday.
8. Are you a traveler or a homebody?
- Truthfully, a homebody. I have too much anxiety to travel too often. But one day I would love to travel the world.
9. Do you have a favorite plant?
- Succulents & cacti for sure. I currently have 5 succulents.
10. What is your favorite vegetable?
- This is HARD. I LOVE veggies. Nearly ALL of them. Sweet potatoes, beets, asparagus, broccoli, brussels sprouts, potatoes, peas, green beans & many, many more.
Thank you for checking out Ro's closet & I hope to help you out with your little ones teething needs soon!